Unanswered: Silly Question about Formatting Command Buttons

Can I change the color of the button from the standard brown/grey color? The rest of my forms are the Sumi Painting Format, and the buttons make it look 'industrial'.

Thanks,

Susie

You can make your buttons transparent in Access 2003 as far as i know or You could use a picture as a background for your button.
    ghozy.

I'm an Access 2000 user and I could be wrong, but you cannot simply change the color of a command button via any available property. As far as I know, it requires a moderate amount of code to accomplish this and you would need to use API. You might want to check out the following page for an example on this approach: http://www.lebans.com/cmdbutton.htm.

My approach is a little different as I'm not capable of writing code on that level yet. I simply use a label or a standard rectangle and add the necessary code to the OnClick property of that control. It's crude, but it works for me and it may be an alternative if the only concern is appearance.

"My approach is a little different as I'm not capable of writing code on that level yet. I simply use a label or a standard rectangle and add the necessary code to the OnClick property of that control. It's crude, but it works for me and it may be an alternative if the only concern is appearance."

This is just an appearance issue...I like quick and easy, since I'm not at the API level yet either...just a question though...I tried it out, and I can get it to work from a rectangle but if I put a label in it, then it doesn't work (presumably because I am clicking the label, not the box) How do you handle this?

I generally will use the rectangle control IF the "button" doesn't require text. (I'll use the rectangles as clickable bullets for example) In the event that I want text on the "button", I will always use a label. I format the colors and style of the label and then fit it to the necessary finished size. I then use the text justification to place the text in the center (horizontally) and use the "Top Margin" property of the label to center the text vertically. You may have to play around with the margin to get the text to fit just right, but it works. As I stated, this is a very crude approach to acheive a nice looking "button".

Thank you so very much! I'm a big fan of quick tricks which will achieve the right results for me! Truly, I appreciate it!

Susie