Thread: Web interface

Unanswered: Web interface

What's the easiest way to create a web interface for our Access database? We'd like to view/add/edit records with a similar format as one of our forms. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by sycbu
    What's the easiest way to create a web interface for our Access database? We'd like to view/add/edit records with a similar format as one of our forms. Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks in advance
    The main question that comes to mind when I read over your post is: "What is meant by a 'web interface'"? Are you attempting to deploy this solution across a local network (a LAN) or across the Internet (a WAN)?

If you plan on working across a LAN, I assume the best approach is probably a Data Access Page - which MS Access has a wizard and several help topics on. I've personally never used the pages myself, so you'll have to ask some of the veterans here for advice on that topic. A good place to start though while you wait for said advice is in the Access help index.

If your goal is to share the database across a WAN, like the Internet, then your task won't be quite as simple. You'll need to find a way to serve up and refresh the data quickly enough to keep your end-users awake. (Not to mention you'll need to make sure that the data you pass back and forth is secure.) I share a database across the Internet with several of my satellite offices in other states and I can speak from experience when I say that this is not a cut and dry task. If you need to utilize the Internet as a medium to share the data with others, start doing your research into VPN (Virtual Private Networks), tunneling, and of course (for the needed speed), Terminal Servers.