Unanswered: Error 3000 -1613 no message for error?

I have a database that will not allow me to make partial replicas. I have a routine that does this using DAO, and I have also tried it using the wizard. Either way, I am told that there is an error, and that there is no message for this error. The wizard helpfully suggests that I can run the wizard again once the error is resolved.

Considering that I have NO IDEA what the problem is, it's sort of hard to resolve the problem.

I am able to make FULL replicas, just not partial replicas. This is killing me, as I have been looking for about 3 days now. Nothing out there online except for those dead-end search results, nothing at, JUST NOTHING.

Oh, by the way: I was able to make partial replicas up until a couple of days ago, when this mess started.
    Last edited by splunch; 03-10-05 at 12:52.

I found this concerning the error
    Reserved error <item>; there is no message for this error.
    so it doesn´t help anyway, but this explains that you cannot find anything about this error

location of this info

Don't know if this will help or not.

I use this in my error traps to try to get more detail for those pesky
    "Application-defined or object-defined error"

Sometimes it yields more useful info. Put it in a public module, and call it from the error trap in your code.

Public Declare Function FormatMessage Lib "kernel32" Alias "FormatMessageA" (ByVal dwFlags As Long, lpSource As Long, ByVal dwMessageId As Long, ByVal dwLanguageId As Long, ByVal lpBuffer As String, ByVal nSize As Long, Arguments As Any) As Long
    Public Function MessageText(ErrCode As Long) As String
           Dim strReturn As String
           Dim lngReturn As Long
           strReturn = Space$(256)
           lngReturn = FormatMessage(FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM, 0&, ErrCode, 0&, _
                     strReturn, 256&, 0&)
           If lngReturn > 0 Then
              MessageText = Left(strReturn, lngReturn)
              MessageText = "Error not found."
           End If
    End Function
    Just pass the Err to the function.
    Inspiration Through Fermentation