Hi everyone
    I am jeba here working as DBA. I am very happy to join thie growing community and wish to contribute mybst. So feel free to ask any tech questions you may have.
    Looking forward to answer your questions.....
    Thanks
    Jeba

Quote Originally Posted by sqljeba
    Hi everyone
    I am jeba here working as DBA. I am very happy to join thie growing community and wish to contribute mybst. So feel free to ask any tech questions you may have.
    Thanks
    Jeba
    welcome !!!
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Sir Winston Churchill
    Joydeep

Quote Originally Posted by sqljeba
    Hi everyone
    Thanks
    Jeba
    just how many licks is it to the center of tootsie pop?

just what is the meaning of existence? is there a higher purpose or are we just mold on a rock flying through the universe?

was it the chicken or the egg?

where do dogs go when they die?

has the US become a de facto one party state with both political parties in favor of big business and big government?

where have all of the good times gone?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

How many DBAs does it take to screw in a light bulb?

What happened to SQL Server 2001, SQL Server 2002, SQL Server 2003, and SQL Server 2004? Can I still download these versions?

Can two queries be joined together, outside the state of Massachusetts?

Really looking forward to your input on these subjects...
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Greetings, Jeba!

Don't mind the wise cracks... This is a pretty rough crowd when it comes to open invitations

Feel free to jump in wherever you feel you can contribute. If the jokes don't put you off, jump into the Yak Corral where things fly fast and furious, but fun!

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Blindman
    Can two queries be joined together, outside the state of Massachusetts?
    According to the SJC of Massachusetts, only if the join is legal in the tables' home database(s). This is one reason why Cross Database Ownership is so discouraged in some places, and the main goal of the Database Values movement.

In an effort to combat the negative influence of liberal ideology on database design, the American Database Values organization is pushing for legislation that will require all governmental databases to use right outer joins instead of left outer joins.

Your support is appreciated.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

the far right in the database design debate prefer to claim they are in favor of the natural join as specified in the sacred ansi-92 specification.

the nerd factor of this thread is getting out of hand.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    the nerd factor of this thread is getting out of hand.
    Before we start in on various pros and cons of DOMAs (Defense of Metadata Acts) can we at least agree to a partial amnesty for illegally imported data? Perhaps a guest data program?

my legacy data, some of which entered the database not too long ago had to abide by all of the foriegn key constraints to get into the database. if we start disabling all of our constraints, data corruption is sure to follow.

Ok, since this thread has been 100% hijacked from its original intent, and is no longer suitable for display within the boundaries of the Microsoft SQL Forum, I hereby banish this thread and all posts contained therein to the Chit Chat forum in the hope that proximity to the Yak Corral will stimulate something!

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasymachus
    just how many licks is it to the center of tootsie pop?

just what is the meaning of existence?
    Those who seek meaning will not find it. To seek meaning is to defeat the purpose of meaning.

is there a higher purpose or are we just mold on a rock flying through the universe?
    yes there is, and yes we are.

was it the chicken or the egg?
    who knows. Maybe you could set up a closed circuit tv to record what's going down and finally get to the bottom of this issue. My money is on the egg.

where do dogs go when they die?
    incinerator.

has the US become a de facto one party state with both political parties in favor of big business and big government?
    Actually, big business is its own political party now. The "major" parties are simply fronts to accomplish the real political parties influence.

A subtle but distinct difference. Don't worry, it took me a while to get that one too.

where have all of the good times gone?
    Nebraska.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***