Question Unanswered: Error calling GetTables

Hello everybody. My name is Carlos and my english is same my knowledges about databases: very, very bad... anticipated excuses !|

My problem: error calling GetTables.

I use Macromedia DreamweaverMX for MacOS, and set my webserver as my testing server (I don't have MacOS Server). I use the connections type ODBC or OLEDB, as much makes.

The "interesting" in this case is:

I have 4 sites in the same webserver. In two of them, I d'ont have any problem when reading tables in the data base. In the others, yes.

The support webserver say: the sites with a problem stay on host with Windows 2003 runnig IIS with SP1 server pack, and the others sites, without a SP1. According to support, the SP1 don't allow the access database consult, and not have a solution.

But... I don't believe in this. In the Macromedia (Adobe) site and in Microsoft Kwonledgebase doesn't refer about this.

Somebody has some idea?

Very thanks to all

Carlos Freire
    Last edited by Carlos Freire; 09-30-06 at 13:54. Reason: Incomplete text

south jersey, usa
    can you post the code and full error message?
    "They say Moses split the Red Sea
    I split the blunt and rolled the fat one, I'm deadly"
    -- Tupac 'Blasphemy'

Error calling GetTables

Dear csamuels:

Thanks for your reply.

The problem about your question is... there is no "especific code".

But I will try to explain better about the full error message (and sorry about this basic explanation):

I always use Dreamweaver; in "database panel", the program access my database stored in web server through one or more connections, using DSN (defined in server) or not (just with ODBC or OLEDB drivers).

Connection with DSN: using the data source name + password stored in server or
    Connection without DSN, using ODBC or OLEDB:
    "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=database server path"
    "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=database server path"

The real problem:
    When I do one of this connections and press "test", the system reply "connection was made successfully". But, when I try to see the tables contents in data base for write some SQL, the system reply: "Error calling GetTables. As unidentifed error has occurrred". More: in the same "data base panel" the tables in stored data base appears... None!(?).

As I told, the "interesting" one in this problem is that this occurs only in some sites and in others ones not, but all hosted in the same web server.

Best regards!