Unanswered:

How to perform Set operation Minus in Access? I want to subtract a sum from many fields from a number in another table
    This is the query which i wrote and after i execute it ask me to "enter a parameter value"...but the value already exists in the field of table.

"SELECT [date personale].Nume_prenume, [plati cotizatii].An_stag, [total suma].sumatotal - sum([plati cotizatii].suma_chitcotiz) AS restante
    FROM [date personale] INNER JOIN [plati cotizatii] ON [date personale].CNP=[plati cotizatii].CNP
    GROUP BY [date personale].Nume_prenume, [plati cotizatii].An_stag;
    "

Hi balas - welcome to the forum

A few things of interest:
    #1 - this doesn't sound like a minus set operation to me. Sounds like a mathematical subtraction.
    #2 - this is an old and, by the looks of it, b0rked thread. I would advise you start a brand spanking new one
    #3 - The ... after the "enter parameter value" is the useful bit of the error message! It is best to include that bit
    #4 - I think this is your problem:
    [total suma].
    What is [total suma]? It is not in your FROM clause.

HTH
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

This is my problem:3 tables: -name (nameid,name),
    -taxes (taxesid,sum, nameid,sumid )
    -totalsum (sumid, totalsum)
    SELECT [name].name, [totalsum].totalsum - sum([taxes].taxes) AS restante
    FROM [taxes],[totalsum], [name]
    where [taxes].name=[name].name and [totalsum].taxesid=[taxes].taxesid
    GROUP BY [name].Nume_prenume

and the error is:
    you tried to execute a query that does not include the specified _expression:"totalsum - sum([taxes].taxes)" as part of an aggregate function.
    Can someone help me?
    Thanks!

I thing the problem is that Access don't recognize "-" as a function.I know that there is a function like "except", but i don't know how to use it and if access accept it like function.Do you know another one?

Thanks!

That isn't the query you posted originally....

You have new problems with this query. BTW - Access does recognise "-". I think that you chose a very poor thread to continue. The mathematical minus is totally and completely different to the Set Operation Minus\ Except hence my suggestion you started a new thread. Your problem is not related to the subject of this thread.

#1 - I would recomend you use ANSI joins (as per your first query). You are creating cartesian products and then filtering on the where clause. This is old fashioned.
    #2 - If you use a group by clause you must either perform an aggregate function or goup on every column in your SELECT clause. Does this help you spot the error?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.