Thread: How do I?

Unanswered:

Select the table you want to copy structure and press <Ctrl><C>. Then Press <Ctrl><V> to paste, which will open a dialog box asking you for a table name and whether you want to copy structure and data, or structure only.

Sam

VBA Please!

I did specify VBA!

DBS4M

Ooh - this is fun! ??Guess the question??

I presuem there was one before the problems....

The only way I have found to do this is do get hold of a table or recordset object referencing the relevent structure, loop through the fields and build up a make table statement. Once built, execute the statement. Or you could create a new DAO tabledef object, loop through the fields of your recordset and use the createfield method of the table def to add new fields. Finally, use the Add method of the tabledefs collection.

Does seem odd that there isn't a CreateACopy method in DAO or ADOX - unless someone can enlighten us....

Of course, I might have guessed wrong at the question too....
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

I think the question was there yesterday and it was how to copy a table using VB, but only the structure.

Probably the way I'd do it is with a docmd.copyobject and then call a macro that deletes all of the records of the newly copied table. It's not ideal, but the end result is the same.

DoCmd.TransferDatabase() does the trick... it allows you to import the table from one database to into another (or in this case, the same database) as structure only...

DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType:=acImport, DatabaseType:="Microsoft Access", DatabaseName:=CurrentDb.Name, ObjectType:=acTable, Source:="Table1", Destination:="Table2", StructureOnly:=True

Good

Quote Originally Posted by axa1001
    DoCmd.TransferDatabase TransferType:=acImport, DatabaseType:="Microsoft Access", DatabaseName:=CurrentDb.Name, ObjectType:=acTable, Source:="Table1", Destination:="Table2", StructureOnly:=True
    Good StructureOnly:=True was what I was looking for!

Thanks!

DBS4M

Thanks, I learned something!

Thanks, axa1001, I learned something today, too.

Sam