Exclamation Unanswered: SendKeys - not sure I get how to reference

Hi All -

I don't think I'm getting how to reference using SendKeys. I get all the idiosyncroses of referencing pressed keys such as ctrl,alt, delete or f12 or something, but how do I tie a procedure to pressed keys from access.

I want to be able to press a couple keys like ctrl End and a macro will run. I'm assuming it is possible since my access philosophy is you can tell it to do anything, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also, is there a shortcut for closing a report other than finding the close button for the report? Some of my people are maximizing the report and then accidentally closing the access close button and shutting down the database all together. In light of that situation, is there a way to not have a Db close button - like you can do on forms??

Thanks for any help you provide!

Provided Answers: 7
    Here is how I did it

its at this web site

http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0005.htm
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

To define and process Global Shortcut Keys in Access, you can create a macro specifically named as 'AutoKeys' and define the key combos + actions you want in it.

This is not a particularly well documented or advertised feature of Access, however search for 'AutoKeys' in Access Help, and you should find the single article that talks about this special macro.

Excellent! Thanks!

Any one know how to help with the other questions? axa1001 answered my SendKeys question beautifully... =)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jennay
    Hi All -

Also, is there a shortcut for closing a report other than finding the close button for the report? Some of my people are maximizing the report and then accidentally closing the access close button and shutting down the database all together. In light of that situation, is there a way to not have a Db close button - like you can do on forms??

Thanks for any help you provide!
    Hi Jennay,

I don't think you can lose the (X) button on reports like you can forms. One thing, why not just have the report Maximize when it opens, rather than having them to do that. And then, at least in A2K, the Close button for reports is kinda in the middle on my toolbar, they can't accidentally Close Access if they use that. Just a matter of them having to pay attention. A quick lesson will teach them, it's not hard.

have a nice one,
    BUD