Thread: Code red!

Unanswered: Code red!

I have a problem within one of my VBA modules in an Access database. As i am typing the line of code turns red and the cursor begins jumping around the line. If i put a space in between words it is automatically removed and all the words merge into one. If i try to put a double quote mark in it automatically inserts the second double quote and moves the cursor back to before the first quote mark.

As you can imagine this is extremely annoying and makes writing code very difficult. I have tried compacting and repairing the database but that has made no difference. This has suddenly started happening on this computer but not on all databases. I had something similar happen in a previous job about 5 years ago but cant remember what, if anything, i did to resolve it.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks

I have seen that before as well. But I can't remember how I fixed it. But I always start with copying all the objects to a new database.

Or you can try removing a reference and then adding it again. Make sure to get out of the references between the drop and adding. This will force Access to resynch the references (in case you loaded something that may have effected them).

Close the form(s) utilizing the timer when developing
    Roy-Vidar

Thanks very much, something as simple as closing the form with the timer on it is something i wouldn't of thought of and has saved me a lot of aggravation.

Thanks.