Unanswered: Properties box won't open for a control

I am am developing an application in Access 2002. Everything was fine until I went to change a property for a control on a form and the properties box wouldn't open. No matter what method I use (toolbar, View, icon, pop-up menu) the properties box will not open anymore for any control on any form or report. I have never had this happen before. I had been using the properties box all along in this application and don't know why it just stopped opening. I really need help on this one.

Thanks,
    Pam

I do not have a cut and dry answer for you but I would try the following:

1. Try the database on another machine if possible, and see if you get the same result. This will tell you if it's somehting wrong withteh DB or if it is your installation (my guess.)

2. If does work on another machine, do some snooping and see if you can find the .dll/registry keys that the properties dialog box uses. (MSDN.microsoft.com probably has the answer buried somehwere. Also, you might try a registry snooper to see which entries the Access is trying to access when you click on the propertied box. That may lead you right to the dll you need.) Then, attempt to repair the affected registry entry, dll, or reinstall as necessary.

*EDIT* ANd before you get too far down the path of registry entries and dlls, make a copy of your DB and try to compact and repair...

Provided Answers: 6
    This is "grasping at straws", but you're not talking about when the form is in normal view rather than design view, are you? There is a setting that will prevent the properties box from appearing when the form is in normal view.
    Paul

Properties box

No, I'm talking about design view, although I had been able to see the properties box in either view before.