Unanswered: The program runs now, but with a slight problem...

If anyone can help me with this I would be greatful: I installed the ActivePerl program on my Windows XP (I will be switching to Linux in the next couple of weeks or so but that's not the point). I got it running well enough to write programs in text editor and save them as .pl files that make them into Perl executable files with no problem. The problem is that when I run the program it will flash the display screen lightning fast, meaning that I barely catch a glimpse of the blue overhead and outline and the black screen. This would be fine if I did not need to see something printed or have to input something, but I can't seem to find anything about this problem.

As a background, I am just learning Perl off the Llama book, and I just was able to get the program installed. I am also using text editor to write the programs saving them as both unicode and ANSI with no difference in results (if that matters at all).

The question is what do I do about this problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Either run it from inside the "DOS" box or use "$_=<STDIN>;" as the last executable line. I'd recommend learning to use the "DOS" box.

Thank you, it's working now from the DOS command prompt and I am also knocking the rust off my memory of DOS as well.