Unanswered: additional line in foxpro report

I have a report that has the following info for mailing:

First name Last name
    Address 1
    Address 2
    City, State, Zip

Question is...Address 2 field is almost always empty. It usually consists of something like, "C/O John Doe's father" or "Suite 104". If and when this field doesn't print on the letters/report I'm sending out...this field is blank. So I get something that looks like this:

John Doe
    123 Easy St.

Raleigh, NC 98752

Is there any way to move city, state, zip UP to "fall in" under Address 1 to prevent the blank line? Each line is a separate text box.

Thanks in advance.

Yes.
    Double-click on the Address2 field, and select 'Print When'.
    On that dialog, you should have a 'Remove line if blank' checkbox. Check that box and you should be good to go.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at
    www.davesummers.net/foxprolinks.htm

Thumbs down Nope

That may work in theory...but it doesn't move the line underneath 2nd address UP which is what I need it to do. Honestly, I don't think this is possible. I think I'm asking too much of FP. I need the line below to move up into its place when it is blank.

Uuhhh, it is possible, I have done it many times.
    The only time it won't work is if you have something else on that same line in the report/label.

But if that is the case, what you need to do (what I would do) is concatonate the fields, put them all in one text box, and allow that field to stretch.
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at

Talking Yes! Yes! Yes!

HALLELUIAH!!!!!! You are a genius!!! I'm only half a genius. I had the "Print when" settings correct...but I had another separate line to the right of add2 field. This other line was preventing the addtional lines from moving up! Once I moved the additional field up a little...it worked PERFECTLY!!! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you got it working!
    DSummZZZ

Even more Fox stuff at