One of my clients in Allentown, PA is looking for a Senior Oracle 9i/SQL Server 2000 DBA for a full time engagement. The salary is DOE. This client will not sponsor so you must be a US Citizen, Greencard Holder or TN.

Job Description:

The Senior Database Administrator supports the efforts of the IT Applications Development Group for the development and operation of applications utilizing database technology. This person oversees application and system software changes to ensure full exploitation of database software capabilities and monitors/enhances database system performance to ensure a high level of system functionality and reliability.

Accountabilities will include:

Applications Development Support
Database Development
Database Standards Creation
Production Support
Architecture Support
Database Design Logical and Physical
Database Replication/Data Transformation
Database Backup/Recovery

Skills Required:

Minimum of 5 years Database Management System experience in the Client/Server and Internet/Intranet paradigm.
In-depth Oracle9i RAC database management system experience.
Moderate SQL Server 2000 database management experience.
Extensive Stored Procedures, Packages and Triggers experience.
Logical and Physical Data Model and Design.
Familiarity with the Erwin or ER/Studio data-modeling.
Experience with Client/Server or Internet development environment comprising of Visual Basic, Java and Oracle9i.
Optionally: DB2, Oracle Financials, Vignette 7 and MySQL experience a plus.
Experience with Internet/Intranet Technologies (e.g. FrontPage 98/2000, HTML, CGI, Java is a plus.)
Experience with IBM Websphere, WebSphere Commerce and WSAD is a plus.

If you are qualified, or know someone who is, please call me ASAP at 203-355-1144. You may also send me an e-mail. Please remember we do have a referral program of $1000 if your referral is placed.

Thanks for your help