Thread: Sqlstate=57014

Unanswered: Sqlstate=57014

I am querying a DB2 database, using VB.NET & the IBM ODBC drivers that were provided to me by our support group.

When I query the database, I get the following error:

"ERROR [HY008] [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0952N Processing was cancelled due to an interrupt. SQLSTATE=57014"

It's a very simple Select statement.

I have used both the ODBCDataAdaptor and the ExecuteReader objects in VB.NET and I still get the same error.

Has anyone had this error before and managed to resolve it? Do I need to change my ODBC drivers at all?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    How long does it take to return the error after the query is issued?

Find the file named db2cli.ini and check if QueryTimeoutInterval value is set too low.

Times

From stepping thru the code, it queries the dataase and returns a result set. It's only when I then try to step thru the result set, does the error occur. I am going thru the Microsoft site and I think it might be an error relating to ADO.NET.

Ive not had this problem before with SQL Server or Oracle. I've only been using DB2 for a couple of weeks now, so these are all new problems to me.

I fixed the problem

It turns out that there is a known issue with using the IBM DB2 drivers, when using Visual Studio & ADO.NET. ADO has a problem with the IBM ODBC drivers.

The only work around for this right now (until Microsoft develops a hotfix) is to use another ODBC driver, like Directconnect etc. I downloaded their drivers and it works fine now.