Unanswered: clubbing of datafiles in a tablespace

hi all,

i have a doubt with oracle datafiles.. i have 4 datafiles of 2gb each in a single tablespace.. i would like to club all these 4 into a single datafile .. is it possible to do ? and is there any max limit for the size of a single datafile in 32bit version ?

thanks in advance

regards,
    nsr

32 bit Oracle only supports a max size of 2 gig for a single datafile. Why do you want to combine them into one file, if you could do it, it would make verry little difference in performance.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

32 bit Oracle does allow datafiles bigger than 2GB. Some older versions of Oracle (and certain OSs) did have issues at 2GB and 4GB but I believe they are fixed since 8i and most modern OSs.

Alan

Cool

"clubbing"?

Are we now inventing new buzzwords for the same old concepts?

Shame, shame.

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

For a definitive answer you are probably best referring to the OS specific Administrators Guide for your release and Oracle version. Any limits are detailed in there.