Post Unanswered: Migrating from FMP6 To FMP7

Hi People,

Hope their shouled me some expert here who can help me on this. I have database which is on FMP6 i am running fine with this version of filemaker pro. Now i got new package of Filemake pro 7 with Web publishing facility. As i also discover that now this filemaker pro 7 will convert all my multy tables in to one file and very handy to keep them togather and work with them easily.

Problem: When i convert FMP6 to FMP7 all the same file is created with .FP7 extension.

Answer Needed: Is it possible i can convert all my FMP6 tables which is Indevidual files in to FMP7 one file with all the tables in it?

Question? If yes how?

Tk
    Sipa
    Last edited by Sipa; 09-23-05 at 11:13.

FM7 does not have a built-in ability to import tables from other files (FM8 does.) For an automated method in FM7, you would need FM7 Developer and FM Robot to import tables from other files.

Keep in mind that importing the tables will not take care of the layouts and scripts, which will still need to be copied or imported, then checked by hand and optimized for FM7.

Red face

I guess i have tried to import using FMD7 but i guess their is no such thing importing tables in, unless i am blined.

Tk
    Sipa