Angry Unanswered: Serious Issue ...

My client runs an estimating DB in Access 97 ( I KNOW ... to no avail, I have failed to make them upgrade ) ... anyhow ....

Here is my issue .... it has happened on 3 different systems so I am pretty sure I know what is causing the problem.

Any system that has, or has had Office 2000 and up, installed on it along with Access 97 ( which the DB needs to run ) causes havoc on this DB.

When an estimate runs, a seriers of update queries are executed. I get an error "This must be an updatable query".

So, I try to uninstall all Office programs and install 97 alone, but the same thing happens.

If I install 97 on a clean machine, the program works fine unless Office 2000+ is installed afterwards.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE. WE HAVE A SALES REP IN QUEBEC AND I NEED TO GET HIS ESTIMATING SOFTWARE BACK UP AND RUNNING !!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS / FIXES / COMMENTS / ARTICLES ARE VERY APPRECIATED!

THANKS !
    QTNM

Could this be a file/folder permissions deal? That message has been known to pop up if the users don't have the necessary rights to the folder or file containing the .mdb. I guess that could make the tables read-only and therefore un-updateable.
    Monk
    The person who confesses ignorance shows it once; the person who conceals it shows it many times.