Unanswered: HTTP Server TimeOut settings & its Impact

Hello Guys,
    We are using OracleAS 10g 9.0.4 on Windows-2000 SP-4. The J2EE enabled application is deployed and and being accssed via web browser. It was done by one of my fellow member who is not with us now. I have some doubt regarding HTTP Server which is available in 10gAS. COuld anybody just help me out....I am regferring Docs. but not able to get it for me...
    1. The TimeOut in HTTP Server. What does it mean and if i increase this value...what impact we may have on HTTP request etc.
    2. Difference between Port and Listen.? Do we use both of them.?

Please help.

Regards,
    Kamesh Rastogi
    - KR

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >1. The TimeOut in HTTP Server. What does it mean?
    It has been about 18 months since I worked on 9iASR2.
    This value controls how long Apache will keep open a connection WITHOUT any traffic.
    For example, say a report is requested via Forms/Reports & the report take 10 minutes to complete.
    In order to get the results displayed in your browser TIMEOUT needs to be larger than 600.
    While the report is being generated, there are no packets exchanged between your browser & Apache.
    It does not hurt to set TIMEOUT to a LARGE value (for many values of LARGE).
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Hello,
    Sorry for coming so late...in fact got stuck somewhere and then went for some deputation. I understood your response. But i like to clarify and aks one point...
    + Let say my HTTP server timeout is set to 600 secs. and if any report takes less than 600 seconds., then also it will wait till 600 secons to close the connection for this Report for HTTP Server....If hope not. But need you expert advise & help.

Pls. clarify.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Kamesh Rastogi
    - KR