Unanswered: Transfer data between two remote servers

Hi, I'm looking for an artical or Someone who can explain me what is the best way to transfer data between two remot database?

I'll Explane:
    two business have local Server in their office. First with Oracle and second with SqlServer.
    1 of business need to get Specific data from other. each database is protected. how can I read\take information of it?

Provided Answers: 4
    You could perhaps try with (on Oracle side) loading set of data from plain TXT file (using SQL*Loader utility). What to do with SQL Server - I wouldn't know. It probably supports similar thing, but you should ask someone else about it.

There are utilities that can help you about transferring between Oracle and SQL Server databases; if I remember well, there was thread about it on "Applications and Tools" Forum on dBforums; search for it.

Thanks for your answer.
    can you be more specific about using SQL*Loader utility.
    maybe an artical or help file can be helpfull.

Here is link to the official Oracle documentation about Loader.

thanks for the guid.

If the two servers can see each other, then you can create a database link and an odbc connection between the two databases and access the data directly.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Right ... I understood that those servers work independently, with no connection between them. You have Oracle in your office, I've got SQL Server in my office, and data is transferred on 5.25" floppy disk by Pony-Express

Yuck.... Snail Mail!!
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.