Unanswered: Problems with .ldb file/locked database

Hello,

An Access 2000 database on a shared network drive has a lock file that will not clear.

Is there anyway of removing the lock file?

Apologies for the vague technical terms, Im not that knowledgable on Access (or databases in general come to that!).

Thanks

Check that everyone is out of the DB in question ... If that fails: have each workstation that accesses the DB reboot. The ldb file should go away. If that fails: reboot th host server and delete the lbf file manually ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thanks for your response.

I was hoping to get round it without restarting the server, and I have in a way, just took a copy of the DB and renamed it. Guess when I get a chance to restart the server I can tidy eveything up and put the DB back to its correct name.

There's a utility you can use called LDBView from Microsoft that will tell you who's logged into the database. I've attached it here. In my case, it gives computer barcode numbers, so I keep a table of users and their computer numbers for a reference. Sometimes you'll be surprised to see yourself logged in when you're not (I've even been logged in twice!), but that'll show why you can't delete the .ldb.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LisaChow; 09-27-05 at 10:34.