Thread: iso_1

Unanswered: iso_1

I was told i needed to change my sybase server to iso_1 setting. Could someone please let me know what needs to be done to do this..i am running sybase 12.5.2 on hp-ux 11.11...
    thanks for any help possible..

hp-ux the default is roman8. iso1 is installed into syscharsets by default. you need to simply use the sp_configure option to change the parameters;
    --> default character set id
    --> default sortorder id

The server will shutdown automatically at the next bootup. You would then have to manually drop and rebuild indexes.

Take all necessary backups as precaution before changes to charset.

Unhappy

u can use

sp_configure "default character set id",charcter_id

it is static parameter so u need to boot ur server for changes to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by marvin5179
    I was told i needed to change my sybase server to iso_1 setting. Could someone please let me know what needs to be done to do this..i am running sybase 12.5.2 on hp-ux 11.11...
    thanks for any help possible..

change from iso_1 to utf8

Hi,

Does anyone know what's required to change the char set from iso_1 to utf8 on Sybase? I have this link from Sybase:

SyBooks Online

which implies have to bcp all data out maye? that won't be welcome. Can I just change the setting since utf8 should be able to support iso_1?

Thanks,

Panos.

Unfortunately theres no easy way. BCP out/in is the only option, besides other config details.

Ideally, its safer if you can build a new server with utf8.