Unanswered: What happens if I remove the 'Enforce relationship for replication' setting?

Hi I have a problem. I have a replicated database. Now I have a couple of tables within the database where I delete the content row by row and caluted the new record and insert them. Now when I do this on the development system that is unreplicate it is fine. However on production that is replicated I get this error:

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type System.Web.HttpUnhandledException was thrown. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_VARLISTS_USERVARLISTS'. The conflict occurred in database 'BHP', table 'USERVARLISTS', column 'AutoID'.
    INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_VARLISTS_USERVARLISTS'. The conflict occurred in database 'BHP', table 'USERVARLISTS', column 'AutoID'.
    INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_VARLISTS_USERVARLISTS'. The conflict occurred in database 'BHP', table 'USERVARLISTS', column 'AutoID'.

Now I persume this is caused by the foreign key being contrained by the replicated database. I had though about unticking the box 'Enforce Relationship for replication' but I am not sure what problems this may cause.

Woudl this fix my problem? If not do you have any idea what would.

Thanks Ed

I have done this to fix Subscriber Ref Integrity errors and not encountered any problems, relying on the publisher to maintain Integrity.

Probably bad practice but I could'nt get replication to apply subscriber updates in Referentialy correct order.

GW
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." - Albert Einstein
    "Everything should be made as complex as possible, so I look Cleverer." - Application Developer