Unanswered: Form for Point of Sale (POS) Transactions

I am trying to create a form that would allow for everybody on this military installation to buy beer with a 3 beer a day limit. There are only a handful of choices, so it isn't like making a big shopping cart thing. I was hoping for something McDonald's style. Air Force personnel would operate it, and they just don't have it together like us Army guys.

Thanks for any ideas,

SGT Brewster

In case you haven't solved this problem yet, I suggest you buy POS software which will allow you to do more than limit what you want customers are able to get from your inventory.

Inside your mind
    I assume the military has a budget, which probably (hopefully) doesn't incorporate beer POS software, lol.

I'd setup two tables:

- Tbl_Beer
    - Tbl_Soldier

Tbl_Beer would have the Fields:

- Name
    - Price

Tbl_Soldier would have the Fields:

- Name
    - Limit

I'd then setup a form that allows a soldiers name to be specified (or an ID number, or however soldiers are identified), probably from a list box, but choice of selection type really depends on whether there are 10, 100, 1,000, or 10,000 soldiers you need to deal with.

Once the soldiers name is specified, his current limit will be displayed. If the limit is < 3, then the beer selector will become available. User selects a beer from the list, and uses a 'Submit' button.

The 'Limit' field in 'Tbl_Soldier' gets incremented by one, and the form resets.

Each day you simply reset every record in 'Tbl_Soldier's 'Limit' field, so they get a fresh limit each day.

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    as the OP posted this in 2005 I have a sneaking suspicion that he has either found a solution or found someone more helpful.

I can't make my mind up if glenlawrence is doing some sterling thread mining or is a spammer deposting his payload to promote his Australian reference, my guess is the latter
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hey... I just take beer very seriously!