Unanswered: read design-time embedded .jpg as data

an A2K form with a .JPG embedded at design-time.

i would like to scoop up the embedded .picture source-bytes and play with them as bytes in A2K VBA code.

.JPG is not a religion... any image type will suit my plans if it will embed (design-time embed is a requirement) in an A2K form.

anyone found a way to do that?

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

may I ask what you're trying to do?

You can open a file in binary, read it to a long integer and store the binary data in a table OLE field - this is very efficient for storing images (or any other type of file) in a table. I typically run a little subroutine that spits the binary out back into a file in the temp directory and links an image control to that temp file.

Are you look for a way to access the embedded image data through code?

One way (clumsy and code heavy) would be to open the form in design view, select the image control and copy it to the clip board. This provides access to the portion of memory holding the actual image data. As I recall, working with the clipboard for anything beyond text is pain in the butt though.

tc

what am i trying to do? i need a crypto seed value!

i have my thingie working with hard-coded seeds and with .JPG-on-disk seeds. now i want to play with embedded images as potential seed sources.

i don't think design-view is an option:
    ?? is it possible to invoke design-view in an MDE ?

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2