SQL Edge 1.2 released by Bay Breeze Software (http://www.baybreezesoft.com) is an Eclipse Rich Client application that allows users to execute SQL queries, browse schema information, and visualize master-detail relationships.
With SQL Edge, users can use only one query to retrieve data in a master table, and then browse data in all related detail tables. Users can also insert, edit, and delete table records in the data grids.
SQL Edge has four perspectives. The Query Perspective allows users run any SQL queries, while the Schema Perspective displays table schema information. There are two relationship perspectives. The Relationship Table View displays data in the master-detail style. The Relationship Tree View displays master table records as top-level tree nodes. The nodes can be expanded to reveal any level of related detail records. In addition, clicking any node will display the corresponding data in a detail grid.
The following summarizes SQL Edge's major features:
(1) Support any JDBC compatible databases.
(2) Allow users to specify JDBC drivers at run-time, and provide wizards to help setup JDBC connections. Easy to install, and easy to setup.
(3) SQL editor with syntax highlighting based on currently connected databases.
(4) SQL edtior allows users to execute SQL queries asynchronously. Users can cancel the execution by click the "Cancel" button or just close the SQL Editor.
(5) Schema perspective displays the table schema information, including column definitions, primary key, indexes, and foreign keys.
(6) Relationship table view displays the related data in master-detail style, with master table data shown in the top grid, and all related detail table data in a list of bottom grids.
(7) Relationship tree view displays the master table records as top-level tree nodes, and the related detail records as child nodes. Click any of these tree nodes will display the corresponding record data in a detail grid.
(8) Allow users to insert, edit, and delete records in the master and detail grids of the relationship table view and relationship tree view.
(9) Allow users to define master-detail relationships even between tables in different databases. This enables the relationship table view and relationship tree view to display data relationships between tables in different databases or without pre-defined foreign keys.