Talking Unanswered: Using Access from the Web

Hi all again, long time.
    Oh, feel free to move this to the proper place if I did this in the wrong area.
    I am about to design a database for a company and the question came up as to can they access their data via the internet. My answer was that Access can be used that way but have no idea as to how to achieve that. So, how can you access your data from A2K on the web? They already have a website and the webmaster also was sure it can be done, but like me, has no idea how to do it. So if you have any pointers to get me going I would greatly appreciate.

thanks
    Bud

I could be wrong, but it's been my personal experience that Access is probably not the best approach for online databases. Something tells me that MySQL would probably be a much better approach to this matter. Forgive me if I'm incorrect.
    *DaVinci
    "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication"

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci
    I could be wrong, but it's been my personal experience that Access is probably not the best approach for online databases. Something tells me that MySQL would probably be a much better approach to this matter. Forgive me if I'm incorrect.
    Thanks very much DaVinci,
    How would I go about re-creating an entire database in MySQL? I have heard it is very good for the web and pulling data, but there are graphics in it also. This is new to me to your input is needed.

thanks again,
    Bud

Depending on what Web server software you are using? I use Access as my database and the Web server software I use is Cold Fusion. You may want to use the online help in Access and review creating data pages which can be used on the Internet/Intranet. Also review in help ODBC. Access (2000) has a wizard to create static and dynamic data pages suitable to use on the Web. You may want to create an HTML template to use. Do a little research in Access help and this should get you strated.