Unanswered: What Could Be Maximum Number Of Users on MSDE ?

Hi,

Can somebody let me know how many (maxi) no of users can be created to deal with MSDERelA ?

With kind regards,

Ashfaque

Provided Answers: 54
    The maximum number of absolute users can be somewhere in the billions. The maximum simultaneous users is five. Depending on hardware/usage/etc, the practical answer is usually somewhere between one and one hundred.

While all of the answers above are correct as far as they go, if you give more explicit details on what you are trying to do, I'd bet that one of us could give you a more useful answer.

-PatP

Talking

In other words, it's five concurrent users.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

There is no real limit to the number of users. You can have up to five processes running simultaneously without any problems. When there are six or more processes, performance is throttled. The more processes, the more your performance is slowed. Five users who are very busy could have an impact on your performance. One Hundred users who are idle much of the time won't have an impact.

I have seen 20 users using MSDE to enter orders with no problem. Most of the time they were doing data entry, then they clicked a submit button that caused some brief database activity.

Bill

Thanks a lot,

In fact I am new bee in this area and as an little advance step in my carrier recently upsized my Access db onto MSDE after reading more details on MSDE topic in the forum.

Now planning to provide 4 users MINIMUM to have an access to the db on MSDE. I don't know until what step it would go on successfull as I heard from somebody its troublesome dealing with MSDE and I can not use it widely.

Anyhow, it is my trial db and according to you expert people, it is now clear that 5 concurrent user could get in log on MSDE. I hope I'll adopt the best possible with the help you people.

Thanks again.

With knd rergards,
    Ashfaque
    Last edited by Ashfaque; 10-02-05 at 03:32. Reason: spellings