I have an immediate opening for a 6 month project in NJ for a
an IMS and DB2 Database Administrator. Please send resumes to email@example.com
Project Description :
· Database Administration. The candidate will be a member of a team supporting developers using both IMS and DB2 databases on an IBM z/OS mainframe. The candidate will have the lead IMS DBA responsibility, with a secondary role providing DB2 DBA support as needed.
· Monitor and analyze application, DB2 and IMS database performance and recommend methods and solutions to optimize performance. Working knowledge of IMS and DB2 and monitoring software as provided by IBM and/or comparable vendors (BMC, CA, etc.) is required
· Participate with developers in application design and coding reviews, assisting them optimizing performance, availability, reliability and integrity of DB2 and IMS Database applications.
Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Handle procedures required to define and operate IMS databases under DBCTL and implement application changes. Thorough knowledge of IMS commands and system definition including DBD, PSB and ACBGEN is required. Thorough knowledge of IMS Utilities and other tools as provided by IBM or third party vendors is required. Experience with BMC IMS utilities is a strong plus. Experience with IMS applications using COBOL batch and CICS Transaction Server is a strong plus. Experience with large-scale IMS databases, including partitioning is a strong plus.
· Handle procedures required to define and operate DB2 databases and implement application changes. This includes working knowledge of DB2 DDL, DML, SQL, commands and utilities. Working knowledge of DB2 Utilities and other tools as provided by IBM and/or comparable vendors (BMC, CA, etc.) are required.
· Assist in planning, testing and implementing application and system changes in so far as these require IMS or DB2 DBA support. This includes participation in upgrades to z/OS operating system and other software components as well as Disaster Recovery testing.
· Assist developers and end users in analyzing and resolving IMS or DB2 application problems. This includes assisting developers with debugging of applications under development and in the production environment assisting the first-level support team in resolving application problems.
· He or she should typically have five or more years of experience working in a large scale production environment on IBM mainframes, preferably with z/OS. Experience with any of the following, though not required, will be considered a plus: Open Edition, UNIX commands and shell scripting, IBM Websphere, Changeman, Java, HTML or XML.