Unanswered: insert statement script

Hi all,

Does anybody know any script to make CREATE TABLE and INSERT statement from Sys tables (dba_tables, etc) and tables.

I need to script some dba VIEW and its content but it must be one executable script which has file output.

We have performance promlems so like to compare two similar Oracle databese structures (indexes, statistics, etc)

Thx

in would always be a good idea to provide platform and Oracle Version
    but for newer releases
    stick with the dbms_metadata package

performance problems are normally not caused from the sys schema

run statspack to figure out where the bottlenecks are

CTAS (Create Table AS)

create table my_schema.v$instance_copy as
    select * from v$instance;

-Chuck

I must to export these oracle tables into TXT file and load to another Oracle RDBS. I am searching for easy way to do this.

CTAS does not help me now but nice feature.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >INSERT statement from Sys tables (dba_tables, etc)
    Doing INSERT against SYS tables/views is a VERY bad idea & will result in an unsupported DB.
    Besides I willing to give you high odds & bet that even if you do succeed at reconstructing a 2nd DB, you won't be any closer to finding the root cause than you are right now.
    I suggest that you give up the fool's errand and simply use SQL_TRACE to find identify the "bad" SQL.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

What are you trying to accomplish by manipulating the data dictionary tables?

I does'nt want to INSERT into Sys Tables/Views. I like to load into a separated user schame and compare to our sys tables.

I intend to build some select joining the original dba_indexes (and dba_ind_columns) and the loaded dba_indexes (come from another DB with similar table structures).

Mybe I realize some interesting difference between index properties which cause perfomance issue.

So, what you want it to generate all the DDL to create the same structure on another schema from scripts, isn't it?

I never used it but there's a package to do that, DBMS_DDL I think or something like that.

To compare the schemas the best tool from my point of view is Quest Central, even better than TOAD.

Saludos,
    DKG.

I don't want to generate all the DDL to create some structure, the only things I need that export some tables (system views) to TEXT file and import to another DB's user schema.

EXPORT/IMPORT by script inserts statement