Unanswered: Jpg image in a byte column

Hi all,
    I tried to insert a .jpg image in a byte column created in a blobspace and it didn't want to. A .bmp image works to be inserted but is too much. Can anybody give me a hint or an advice?

Thank you in advance.
    Silviu

What error did you get? You might just need to add more chunks to your blobspace.

No, I have plenty of space in blobspace. It said is an invalid format to put in this space. The table has a column created with 'poza byte in blobdbs' where blobdbs is the name of the blobspace.
    Thank you,
    Silviu

Hi,

Please check the size of page of blobpage.
    Or create sbspace and insert into.

Gustavo.

The blobpage is 10 time of 2k. And yes, I have a sbspace too, but i don't understand what is the reason that i can insert a .bmp image in a blobspace and i can't insert a .jpg image.
    Silviu

Hi,
    I agree.
    You tested with other .jpg. The files .jpg are write from Windows ?, on the same machine ?

Gustavo.

Yes. We made some photos for our employees and wanted to insert them in a column name "poza" in a table name "angajat" to assign an image to every employee. We succeded it only with the images formatted as a .bmp and this is about 200k for every image. Is not much but is annoying to not insert a .jpg, that is about 20k, in byte field.

Thank you,
    Silviu

Hi,

One question, are you use CLIENT-SDK ?, the write to database is via ODBC ?. You test the configuration environment, buffer size, etc ?

Gustavo.

There must be some kind of error when you can't write the jpg blob.