New England

Question Unanswered: Appending Record

How would I go about setting up code to add a record from one table to another table? I have a form that is used to enter in scores for different tasks, some of those tasks need to be tracked daily. I have another table for only those tasks which are scored daily. I also have a yes/no field to indicate which tasks should be added to the daily table. Is there a way to add those tasks with a "yes" check to the daily scores table, without having to open the daily scores form? I'm sure there is, I just can't think of what it is.

See the SQL Insert Into statement. This is a quick way to add a specific record to a table..
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

DoCmd.RunSQL "INSERT INTO tablename SELECT fieldname(s) FROM tablename"

If you want to set conditions, you can also use the WHERE clause, in your case WHERE [Field]=Y.

Hope this helps!

I have a question similar to this.

I have a Select query that list records based on the criteria [Enter ItemID]. I created a form using this query. When the form opens it prompts the user for to enter ItemID. What I want to do is to insert a code in the "On Change" procedure of the ItemID field in the Form. When the user change any character on the ItemID. The code should create a copy of the updated record and put it on a different table. How do I do this?