Unanswered: Dual installs question - Access 97 cohabitating with Newer Office versions

After QTNM's "Access 97 - 2000+ Conflict" thread (http://www.dbforums.com/t1197090.html) I'm not so sure about this. Well, I wasn't very sure before, so I was planning on asking here anyway.

Since I often work in environments where Access 97 is still used (mostly government and Non-profit organizations) I would like to have Access 97 on my personal machine, while still having a newer version of Office - including Access.

I just ordered a laptop and was hoping to put my copy of Office XP on it (and maybe later 2003 when I get it,) as well as Access from an old copy of Office 97. I was hoping to not have to do dual-boot.

Besides QTNM, has anyone else dealt with this - gotten two versions to coexist on the same box? I know of some multi-desktop emulators out there that might allow me to set-up a virtual dual-boot configuration. That would be a possibility, but I would rather not use of the additional drive-space that a dual-boot system, or emulator, would require - I am talking about a laptop here, so the fact that large-capacity drives are cheap doesn't apply.

At least the emulator would allow me to configure the system like it's dual-boot without requiring reboots - it would be something like a key-combo to switch between "OS" setups, I believe without losing work in between.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Cor
    {Currently working with Access 97, so most questions will be from that point-of-view}

This link has some info on the subject..

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=241141

Thanks. It looks like it's fairly straight forward, and was pretty much the process I was going to use (install Access 97 and OSR2, then install XP.)

Hopefully I won't run into the kind of problems that QTNM has had.
    Cor
    {Currently working with Access 97, so most questions will be from that point-of-view}