Unanswered: Report Counting over Groups and Overall

I have two groupings in my report, "Status" and "Cases". Each status would have multiple cases. There are only 2 status. I'm looking for a way to show how many cases are in each group (in the Status Footer) then a total sum of all groups in the Report Footer.

When I put a text box with control source =1 and Running Sum=Over Group (named "[CaseCounter]", then put another text box with control source =[CaseCounter] and Running Sum=Over Group, then another in the report footer =[CaseCounter] and Running Sum=Over All, I don't get the right numbers.

The numbers should be 35, 90, 125 respectively. However, I get 35, 125, 90 (???). I've tried a number of Running Sum combinations, which fetches 35, 90, 90 but nothing that is actually accurate. Any ideas?

Make your text box unbound, as follows: Call it, say, txtCountOfCases. The Control Souce would simply be "=Count(Cases)" (without the quotes).

Sam

Sam: Thanks for the tip. This is in fact what I did. I did solve this by just having two counters over the group. One is set to Running Sum=Over group and one is set to Running Sum=Over All. Then the text box in the Group footer points to the first counter, and the text box in the Report footer points to the second counter.