Essential Duties and responsibilities including the following:
* Management of Application environments
* Code deployment to production, development, and test environments
* Startup, shutdown and monitoring of Application Services.
* Research, test and install Application Patches.
* Planning, setup, installation and monitoring of Concurrent Manager
* Management of Technical Assistance Requests (TARs)
* Administration of the functionality of the E-business suite
* Support for all customizations, extensions, modifications, localizations and integrations.
* Upgrade and migration of Oracle 11i software, as updates are available
* Working knowledge of Oracle 9I database environment
* Working knowledge of the Server operating environment
* Maintenance of Database integrity
* Enforcement of Quality Control and Database standards in the development of applications
* Other duties as assigned
* Familiarity with navigating through online documentation
* Proficiency with SQL
* Experience with PL/SQL
* Knowledge of JAVA, J2EE, XML is a plus
* Experience with Oracle Discoverer is a plus
* Communicates with managerial, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and systems definitions
* Establishes and control and security check systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate disaster recovery action after systems failures
* Provides day-to-day advice to clients on the use of the application.
* Develops policies and procedures related to the support and maintenance of the Oracle 11i application, as built.
* Modifies database programs to increase processing performance, database tuning
* Ability to work with existing staff, consultants, vendors and clients in an effective manner
* Knowledge of project management skills to manage system implementation, upgrades and maintenance
* Provides input for strategic planning