Thread: create label

Unanswered: create label

I have an accesss as front end and sql server as backend. The user want to create a label base on some criteria. The label is Avery 5961, 1" X 4" labels. After i retrieve the data, how can i create the label for them? Many thanks.

To print labels, all you need to do is to create an Access report with multiple columns. Create a report with the Detail section as big as the label. In your case, 1x4. The go to File/Page Setup and the Columns tab and change it to 2 columns. You will also want to change the top margin to .5 and the other margins to .25. You might have to tweak the settings to get the labels lined up but it should work.

Another tip, print on white paper, then place the white paper over the labels and hold it up to a light. You will be able to see if things are lined up without wasting label stock.

Another thing that I do is I created a form that allows the user to pick which label to begin using. So if you are only printing 1 or 2 labels at a time you won't keep wasting them by starting at the top.

thanks for your quick response.