Thread: Date

Unanswered: Date

Hi:

I have table which has date column (Datatype: Date/Time)

I want to fill the date with "#-/-/----#"

But, it doesn't work, how can I fix that?

Because Those records do NOT have date value, the future records will have it. But, I don't want to let them empty. How can i fix?

Thanks.

It's not really clear what you require here. Are you saying that the Table item (Date field) contains a lot of empty (null) values and you want to place dates into them? You don't want to deal with the Null values?

Please explain with a little more detail and I'm sure assistance will come flowing in.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Date field: date/time datatype

How can I add --/--/----?
    Because it reject to enter.

Thanks.

Ohhhh...OK...that explains it.......not.

I'm going to just take a poke at this one. If this is the table field date format you want then go into your table, select the desired field (which contains the date) and in the Format property for this field select Short Date. Now go to the Input Mask property and also select Short Date. Your Input Mask should look like this:

00/00/0000;0;_

If you are talking about a Form field then select the field to which the date entry will be made in and select the Input Mask property which is located in the Data Tab and is directly under the Control Source property. In the Input Mask property select Short Date. it to should look like:

00/00/0000;0;_

There you go.

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!