Unanswered: Some security feature?

I made a little component db in Access 2003, which is set to save in Acc 2k format. As far as I can see, the security setting are minimal to none. The startup simply opens the main form - everything else is enabled.

When a user with Acc 2k opens the db normally, the form comes up but all code is disabled. Even if they close the form and reopen it, same result. If the same user opens the db using the bypass and then opens the form, it works correctly.

Checked thru the security settings in Acc 2k and don't see what may casue this. Any ideas?

tc

... bump ...

scratch scratch scratch...

?? something in your startup sequence that doesn't happen in directly opening your form-of-interest but does happen when the MDx is opened without bypass.

what happens at no-bypass startup??
    macro?
    startupform _Load()?

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

I left everything checked, the boxes are still "default". The only two value I changed are the App Title and the Startup Form. There are no macros (startup or otherwise).

On a no-bypass startup, the form opens, but no code functions. The "form_open" doesn't fire and none of the "On_Click" events fire as things are clicked. None of the other events work either. It appears that the code is simply not there.

Close and reopen with the bypass and double-click the form to open it, and everything works.

The file is in MDB, btw. Created in Acc 2003, trying to run in Acc 2K.