Unanswered: SQL0204N "SYSCAT.TABLES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704

I have created a database and when I click on table in Control Center or AQT, I get following error.

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL0204N "SYSCAT.TABLES" is an undefined name. SQLSTATE=42704

Although I am able to access all the tables in SQL.

Please help, thanks

Prashant

SYSCAT.TABLES is a view and it will be create after install db2.
    If a install is complete , I think you should see this view .

I could not get your point. I have other databases on same instance and I have no such problem with them.

Thanks
    Prashant

I think that someone drop the view if you has created db and it was successful .
    you have to recreate the view !!

I still could not get your point. Nobody dropped any view. Even, now I created another database, tables, but when click on table/view folder in CC, get the same message.

To check whether the View exist:

please do a
    db2 list tables for all
    on a command line. Since Views are included, syscat.tables should be listed and marked as 'V'

Or even better:

Select name from sysibm.sysviews where creator='SYSCAT'

Sounds weired and of course - who would do that ?? - but it looks like the view is missing.

If sysibm.sysviews (This is a table not a view) is not there either, you better export your data (e.g. using db2move) and re-create your database. A backup won't help, since a damaged catalog will also be backuped.

If just the view is missing - well, export the definition from any other database you have (e.g. using db2look) and recreate it.

Juliane
    Juliane

is that now also for existing databases on the same instance ?

restart the control center.

When using a windows client on a different fixpak level, it might be necessary to bind the client packages. Although the error message should look different.
    Juliane