Smile Unanswered: How to create a report that only includes fields selected by end-user?

I am trying to create a very flexible report. Basically, I want a user to be able select which fields he/she wants included in the report, and then only report those fields. Does anyone have suggestions on how to create this kind of report?

I have somewhat figured out how to do this, but I was hoping someone knows a better way. I created a separate database table that contains boolean fields. In the report, I separated each report field into its own section. Then, I use the "suppress" feature under the "format section..." menu. In the format section menu, I select the detail section, and suppress it using the report formula which gets its data from the new table I created. The problem with this, however, is that I want the user to select the enitre field, and not have a boolean value for every record and every field. In other words, every record of the report should have the same format. It shouldn't include a field on one record and not on another.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Well, you must at least have the layout of the report e.g, how many fields and where they will be placed.

After that you can Create formula fields for both Field Name and Field Value. And assign values in your code to those formulas.