Unhappy Unanswered: problem with pervasive sql 9.1 and win xp prof-

i want to install a pervasive workgroup with win xp prof as database-server. after restarting win xp i see the flag accept remote request is on. after waiting approximately one minute the flag accept remote request is automatically set to off and the other workstations can't access to the database (error 116)

can anyone help me?

many thanks

Provided Answers: 4
    Can you access the data locally?
    If you're getting a 116, run a PSA network test to make sure you're able to communicate between the client and the engine.

How are you seeing it "automatically set to off"?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

i can access the data locally!

i will try a PSA network test next time when i'm at the office of the customer!

i see it when i'm starting the control center - then i set the accept remote request to on - save the changes - stop the engine - restart the engine. the icon in systray has a red cross and after one minute the cross becames green (this show, that the flag at accept remote request ist automatically set to off!)

many thanks

So you're saying that if you go back into the PCC after you restart the engine that the "Accept Remote Requests" is Off? A green icon on the engine doesn't mean anything other than the engine is running.
    Also, are you logged in as an Administrator? Are you using Remote Desktop?
    Mirtheil Software

yes, one minute after restarting the computer the accept remote request is off and after changing it in pcc and restarting pervasive the icon is red and after one minute it becames green and then the accept remote request is off!

the user logged in with administrator rights! we don't use remote desktop! in my office the same configuration works very well but at the customer there are the described problems.

i hope you have some ideas and can help me.

many thanks

Have the customer run a full system virus and spyware scan. I've seen some strange results of viruses and spyware.
    Mirtheil Software

yes the customer have mcafee internet security with firewall and virus scan and the dat-files are up to date. another spyware scanner isn't installed. i've heard about the server engine and hope this version will solve my problems. i will try to install it in the next few days.

nice greetings from austria in europe to mirtheil.