Unanswered: 9i Forms Calendar problem (Update/Insert)

Hi,
    I have a row of text-boxes in a form linked to columns in the database. One of the text-boxes uses a calendar pop-up (displayed by clicking on a button associated with that text-box) to add in a chosen date.

I can enter a row of data to all the text-boxes without a problem, but after saving the record and going back into the form to update the value in the date text-box, the calendar button seems to instigate an 'insert' rather than an 'update' behaviour? Manually typing in a new date into the text-box behaves like an update, which is fine, but the calendar seems to 'insert' a new date.

In normal circumstances this is not a problem, but there is alot of code which detects when an insert takes place and processes the data as a result, so I need to somehow get the calendar to put a date value in as if it were being typed in manually to avoid this trigger setting off.

Can this be done? Or is there a work-around? Any help/advice much appreciated.

Many thanks,
    MrD

Please ignore -
    I did some further investigation and realised that I could not avoid how the calendar operates, but I could change how the trigger deals with it. Modified the code to detect a change by the calendar and prevented the insert operation from functioning.

Problem solved!
    Regards,
    MrD