Unanswered: Repairing an Access mdb file Version: 97

I have a problem and I don't know how to resolve it...
    I have a .mdb database on my computer with some tables linked to an MS SQL Server database and I used Tools-Database Utilities-Repair Database but i closed Access and it didn't showed to me "Successfully repaired the ':C\db.mdb' database."
    When I tried to open it again it showed to me the next message : "C;\db.mdb" isn't an index in this table.Look to the Indexes collection of the TableDef object to determine the valid index names".
    I tried to import all the tables and queries in another Access database but it showed to me the same message. Also if i try to repair the database it shows to me the same message.
    What can I do?
    Thanks.

Try JetComp - its a utility by M$, available here:
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...US/JetCU40.exe

If that doesn't work, you could upload your file to our company for repair;
    http://www.everythingaccess.com/acce...baserepair.htm

HTH

Have you tried to import objects individually? Try one or two forms, or queries to see if you can do any objects. Is the database on a server? Or on your system? If on a server, try to copy it to your system and try the same things. You might also try deleting the links to the SQL Server tables.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond
    I have a problem and I don't know how to resolve it...
    I have a .mdb database on my computer with some tables linked to an MS SQL Server database and I used Tools-Database Utilities-Repair Database but i closed Access and it didn't showed to me "Successfully repaired the ':C\db.mdb' database."
    When I tried to open it again it showed to me the next message : "C;\db.mdb" isn't an index in this table.Look to the Indexes collection of the TableDef object to determine the valid index names".
    I tried to import all the tables and queries in another Access database but it showed to me the same message. Also if i try to repair the database it shows to me the same message.
    What can I do?
    Thanks.
    Couple of years ago when we were still using Access 97, our data got corrupted few times and the worst that could happen was when you can't open the database to repair it. SO i wrote a visual basic 6.0 program and embedded DAO utility tool called "DBEngine.RepairDatabase" and it work always to repair database that can't be openned with Access REpair utility tool. If I find that source code I will get back to you. Or, if you can write or have someone write a simple Visual Basic Code code that would execute these commands when you click a button.

DBEngine.RepairDatabase "C:\Data.mdb"
    DBEngine.CompactDatabase "C:\Data.mdb", "C:\RepairedData.mdb"

where "Data.mdb" as your corrupted data and "RepairedData.mdb" you target database name.

THis will atempt to repair the access 97 databse without opening it. It worked for me all the time.

You can try the Jetcomp.exe from MS and from the option click choose the "Destination is 3.x" . This is for for Acess 97. 4.x is for Acccess 2000

Good luck
    Last edited by fredservillon; 11-10-05 at 11:24.