Unanswered: ODBC driver does not support the requested properties

Please help

im getting the below error when i execute an ASP page.
    Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E21)
    ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.
    /exellink_v2/OrderLinesPopup.asp, line 240

i debug the SQL and executed it and it seems fine but from the website it is showing the above error. im out of mind thinking on how to solve this (btw, im not an ASP developer just trying to debug this one so please send reply in the plainest of word as possible

thanks

Okie, it sounds to me that after you have called the database execute method (which runs the SQL against the database) you are trying to do something else, like get the number of affected records, page through the returned records or some thing similar.

To solve this problem you really need to determine what this extra action is.

You should be getting a line number where the error is occuring. If you can post the code that is at that line we may be able to help you. You may need to post the whole asp file for us to determine what is happening. If you do this be sure to remove any sensitive data such as passwords and database server names and the like.

Hi
    thanks so much. i made the comment on the attachment where the error is appearing. look for
    Sub Open_rsOrderLines(), Case "D". i removed some of the coding part for security reasons. thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files

try changing this line
    Code:
    	rsOrderLines.CursorType = 3
    to this....
    Code:
    	rsOrderLines.CursorType = 2
    or removing that line entirely.

If that doesn't work I'd need more information about the Database you are connecting to.

Changing the above line may cause other things not to work....

Hi there,
    it worked when i totally removed the line. im testing other things if it affected the query. what is that line for anyway?

thank you so much!

The line determines how the application accesses the data from a sort of logic processing point of view.

Depending on what cursor type you use various different methods and properties become available to you.

For example, if you use the wrong cursor type whenever you ask for the recordcount fo the recordset you will get -1 because the cursor you are using does not support that property properly.