Question Unanswered: Is it possible to replicate between two *Default instances* ?

Hi all,
    I have two SQL Server installation on two seperate machines that both ones were installed using *default instance*,I mean they are not *Named instances*.
    My question is: Is it possible to replicate between two servers? Or both should be named instances? I heared that one of the reasons that *Named instances* are preferred is that replication and SQLMail is not feasible on default not named instances.Is this true?
    -Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ach
    Hi all,
    I have two SQL Server installation on two seperate machines that both ones were installed using *default instance*,I mean they are not *Named instances*.
    My question is: Is it possible to replicate between two servers? Or both should be named instances? I heared that one of the reasons that *Named instances* are preferred is that replication and SQLMail is not feasible on default not named instances.Is this true?
    -Thanks
    I would be interested to see the source for these comments. It is certainly possible to replicate between default instances of SQL Server just as it is possible to use SQL Mail with default instances (not that I like SQL Mail).

Regards,

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?