Red face Unanswered: hide application window MS Access 2000

Hi anybody got any ideas about this one.

I have a database storing pictures. I wanted to hide the application window (not database window) while my forms were on screen. I found some module code and Api calls which achieve this for me (fSetAccessWindow(SW_SHOWMINIMIZED)). The problem is my pictures are embeded in OLE bound object frame with the verb property set to -2 which means when a user clicks on the image it is opened in MS Paint. (And here is the problem) when I close MS Paint the application window is visible again doh!!. Just cant seem to get around it please help!!!.
    Last edited by ezehun; 10-25-05 at 09:40.

Provided Answers: 1
    Minimize the application window and use pop-up forms?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

possible alternative method: i know it looks flakey, but i've used it dozens of times and it actually works for my circumstances

make a custom menu (not command bar!!) containing anything you like - you don't care because the user will never see it.
    call the menu "yourJunkMenu", and set it in startup as shown in the GIF

reference the MS Office library.

make a "mother" form and in it's module:
    Code:
    Option Compare Database
    'note that we are NOT using Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()
        DoCmd.Maximize
        Set cmb = Application.CommandBars.ActiveMenuBar
        cmb.Visible = False
        Set cmb = Nothing
    set yourJunkMenu as the menu for this mother form.

...all other forms in your application now have to be subforms of the mother form. move from one to the other using .sourceobject

...you cannot run report preview or you collapse this version of hidden-A just as you do with other techniques (tho you can preview in snapview, shell to other stuff etc etc with no problem)

does it work for your particular case ??
    since this method doesn't "hide" the A-window but just makes it not obvious it might have a chance

izy
    Last edited by izyrider; 02-05-08 at 14:23.
    currently using SS 2008R2

Popup Forms

I am using popup forms with modal set to yes and running the app using a shortcut set to open minimized. But is still becomes visible when paint is closed. And im sorry but i dont quite understand the other post about creating a junk menu bar.
    Last edited by ezehun; 10-25-05 at 09:47.

Provided Answers: 1
    I think I understand what's happening here. Are you saying that when Access receives focus AFTER the external application is closed, the database window restores? Perhaps you could use the GotFocus event of your original form to call your API function again...
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***