Unanswered: explain on not working

Hello, I have used SET EXPLAIN ON before so I know how it is supposed to work, but at the new place I am working it does not work for me. I do not get any error message, but I get no results, no output file, nothing. I've tried it via isql, dbaccess and 4gl program with the same results: nothing. This is on HPUX and it isn't a unix file permissions problem. Already checked that out. My DBA has no clue and ISNT HELPING! Anyone have any suggestions what is wrong? I'd really appreciate it!

thanks

Hi,
    Generally the file sqexplain is created in the board of directors where this or in the board of directors HOME of user.
    What happend if you run this as Informix user ?

Gustavo.

Gustavo, thank you for your reply! Yes, SET EXPLAIN does work for my DBA as Informix user, but unfortunately I do not have DBA-type access to the database (and there is no way I will be getting it either). Is there a permission that he could give my database user account, that is less than full DBA permissions, but would allow me to run SET EXPLAIN?

thanks

Make sure you are in the directory where you have write permision when you run a query with SET EXPLAIN ON

Yes, just to close the books on this one, it did turn out to be a write permissions problem. The server was on a remote machine, and I had read, but not write, permission to my own home directory on the remote machine.