Position: SQL2000 DBA
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA
Duration: 3 mos+
Must have extensive experience in all phases of database administration, including:
• Minimum of 3 years as a SQLServer 2000 DBA
• Experienced with hardware and application code tuning.
• Experience with the logical and physical design, management and maintenance of complex databases in an OLTP environment
• SQLServer Replication, DTS and Analysis Server experience.
• Proven experience in supporting production, test, and development database environments.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of MS SQL Server Cluster technology.
• Experience with SQL Server monitoring and logging procedures.
• Strong stored procedure writing and debugging experience
• Able to generate a solid Disaster Recovery process
• Failover Clustering Server architecture
• Security management (logins, users, roles, permissions)
• Scheduled jobs, alerts, SQL Mail
• Resolving blocked/deadlock query issues
• Backup, restore and recovery models
• Able to provide input for new hardware purchasing and capacity planning
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA) a plus