Exclamation Unanswered: SQL server connectivity issues

Hello everyone,
    I am experiencing problems connecting to me database from my App. I had created this database and my application that calls all the stored procedures at my old work place. I had then moved it all to my home machine. When I open my connection, I get the error saying, "SQL Server is not available or access is denied"! I have added aspnet user to the users group in the SQL Server, disabled my firewall, made sure that physically in the server view I am able to get to the tables inside of the IDE....but to no success. I have been stuck on this for over two days and need serious help from someone.

Kindly let me know of the reasons and troubleshooting methods for this problem.

Thanks in advance

I'm not clear on if you can reach the sql server machine itself, or if it's a authentication issue. Can you ping the machine by it's ip-address and hostname? What happens on a telnet using port 1433?

Arrow

I have not tried the ping command yet. Inside the Visual Studio in a database application there is a server explorer where you can see the database. I can see all my tables, values in them and the actual driver, when i test connection, it says, "TEST SUCCESSFUL"! The SQL Server icon that I can see in the lower right hand corner of my windows screen says running. I have manually stopped the server and restarted it as well!

Can you logon to the server using the sa account?