Unanswered: export/import problem

Hello people!

I'm officially in hell. I recently created site using php/MySQL. For some reason, I chose to use windows-1250 charset. Don't ask me why.
    Anyway, in the meantime, I realized that UTF-8 is a must, and corrected everything that is needed for it and inserted all records again using UTF-8 on my local machine. Everything is displayed perfectly. When I set new version and imported that new db online (using pma export/import), some characters are displayed as question marks (to be more precise Đ and Č are not displayed correctly)
    Version of mySQL is the same on my local machine and online. (4.1.13)
    I guess something is happening in the export/import process. What? Have no idea. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

The database runs fine on your local machine? Are dropping and importing the database on the live server or just inserting the data. In other words, have you changed the schema of the live database or are you still inserting the data into a column with the wrong charset? (May be obvious, but could be a brainfart .)

I'd try dropping the live database and then importing a fresh, clean copy of your local one. If that's not possible, alter the problematic table and then update/replace the data. Also, check your default character sets for your MySQL server.

Hey jfulton, thanks for your reply.
    I'm dropping and importing the database on the live server, not inserting just new records.
    This is extremly strange. I even tried to update records through online form (with strange characters) and even then, they are displayed with question marks. If I insert new record through the same form, I got everything right.
    I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I cannot see what.

Hmmm...That is strange. Check the dump and see if the charset is specified in the sql that you are using to import. I believe that if one isn't specified, then it goes to the default charset for the server. After the import, the problematic columns are utf-8? utf-8 general should be able to handle pretty much any character right?