Question Unanswered: Stop Screen Updating

Hi,

Is there any way of stopping the screen from updating when running code, like in Excel using Application.ScreenUpdating = False !?!

I have two forms, and when one is updated, the second is selected to perform an action and update, and then the first form re-selected. The only issue with this is the screen flickers, and I dont want the user to see this happen...??

Thanks
    Cheers.....Pitz

(Using Access 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional)

Check out the following

DoCmd.Echo [True/False]

OR

Application.Echo [True/False]

Environment:
    Self Taught In ALL Environments.....And It Shows!

Of course it is!!!

I'm such a plonker.... Thanks CyberLynx, I should have remembered that simple one!!
    Cheers.....Pitz

(Using Access 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional)

I have encountered a similar problem with Screen Update. I resolved it. I attachment has the solution with screenshots.

How to Avoid Screen Updating in Excel.pdf

I have encountered a similar problem with Screen Update. I resolved it. I will explain how to handle the screen updates using macro. We can speed up our macro by turning off the screen updating while the macro runs, by adding the below line of code to the macro:

Sub Macro () Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Write the necessary code Here
    -
    - Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub.

The prior versions of excel 2000, it was not required to turn Screen Updating back to true. When the macro is finished, Excel would revert back to turning the screen updating to true.
    But now whether you are writing macros in Excel 97, Excel 2000, Excel 2002, 2003, 2007 or 2010 always we have to turn the screen updating back to true with the below code:
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True

How to Avoid Screen Updating in Excel.pdf